Xperia™ E: The new affordable and simple smartphone from Sony
Sony Mobile Communications announced a new affordable addition to its Xperia™ smartphone range, Xperia™ E. It is a compact and competitively priced smartphone that is engineered for simplicity. Xperia™ E boasts outstanding HD Voice quality that makes phone calls clearer than ever before. It also features noise cancellation that filters out background noise so consumers can hold crystal clear conversations in any environment.
Xperia™ E has also been designed to let consumers stay on top of cost and power consumption. The data usage application monitors how much is being spent and the extended standby mode increases the standby time up to 4 times. When the screen has been in sleep mode for a few minutes, Wi-Fi and data traffic will be disabled and most applications will be inactive to save battery life. However, calling and messaging will continue to work as normal. Once you touch the screen to wake the device up from standby, all functions are back to normal.
Xperia™ E will launch on Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) and will be available in black, white and pink.
It will also be available in a dual SIM version – Xperia™ E dual – so that consumers can easily switch between tariffs with just one touch to stay on the most cost effective plan.
Key features for Xperia E
• Crystal clear calls thanks to HD Voice and noise cancellation
• Easy data and battery power management
• Long-lasting 1500 mAh removable battery
• 3.5” HVGA display for great browsing and entertainment experiences
• Walkman music experience with xLOUD and 3D surround sound
• Wireless DLNA connectivity to easily share and view content like photos and videos on a TV, tablet and PC
• Powered by a 1 GHz processor
• Black, white and pink color for Xperia™ E
• Black and gold color for Xperia™ E dual